Do you have a loft or empty space in your home with many unnecessary junks stocked up there? How important is this room for you? What are your plans to make it useful? Have you come up with the idea of converting it into a very useful place? If yes, we have good suggestions on how are you going to make your empty space into one of the essential places of your home for you and your family with loft conversion.
Loft conversion may sometimes be a tiresome process but at the same time it is a pleasurable one. In such a way that you enjoy watching the changes of your new room for your family even if you are tired enough of doing so. But, if you wish to have some help by an expert, hiring an architect is best for you to finish your job easily. However, we have still many things to consider if we want to have an extra room for the comfort of the family.
Things to consider in loft conversion:
- Permit to reconstruction. Be sure that you are able to obtain the permit to reconstruct a part of your home. Keep in mind also the rules and regulations prior to rebuilding.
- Inform your current insurer. Be sure that you inform your insurance company if you have made any changes of your home for your own protection.
- The cost of adding an extra. How much is your budget if you put an additional bathroom for your new room and how it will affect to the proper spacing between your bed and bathroom.
- Measurement of the space. You should be sure that the height of the space between the floor and ceiling is enough for headroom. It should be not less than 2.3 meters high.
- Proper placement of electrical points. While the construction is going on, be sure that you have planned already where to put your sockets or electrical outlets for you to save your money in the near future. This is a critical part of reconstruction since electrical wires and outlets may pose a great risk of fire if the placement is not proper.
- Lights and ventilations. Be sure that your room have enough light and will ventilated in order to promote good atmosphere in the place.
- Sounds. If you have students at home, make sure that your new room is conducive for learning. It should be sound-proof enough in the sense that you cannot disturb and you cannot be disturbed by the other room.
If you have converted your loft to a new room, you will be able to see how big the difference of the comfort of your home is as you compare it the old one. Surely, it will please you and your family. You can do it also by yourself alone if you have really the passion to do it.